MTX-R Octopus - Apeks
The reversible (right and left hand) second stage of the MTX-R Octopus has a redesigned and enlarged, patented, heat exchanger. It surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion. Metal has also been incorporated into the front cover. Large protective elastometer bumpers on the sides and top protect the 2nd stage, which comes with a comfo-bite mouthpiece.
- High performance, pneumatically balanced, lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving durability of the second stage.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Cold water compatible.