Surface Marker WDS
First introduced in 2006 the Surface Marker WDS is being used by thousands of Dive Instructors and Dive Professionals all over the world. The Open Ended Surface Marker buoy used in combination with the Webbing Deployment System (WDS) is a compact & easy to use solution for sending up a Surface Marker Buoy during your Safety Stop.
The Surface Marker WDS is an ALL-IN-ONE ready to use SMB Set
Recommended deployment from your Safety Stop for all Recreational Divers and Dive Profesionals
- The WDS eliminates the need to carry a dedicated reel or spool.
- The Open-Ended Buoy has the advantage that it is more compact than Self-Sealing Buoys and can emptied quickly at the end of the dive for stowage.
- Will fit into almost any BCD pocket
- The included Carry Pouch can be used for external BCD attachment. Compact enough to take on every dive.
- Ideal for your diving holiday when weight and space are of the essence.
- Made from durable 210D Nylon with welded seams and stitched edge tape to prevent fraying.
With both an orange and a yellow panel this is by far the most visible combination for the recreational diver.
- The orange panel is more visible in bright sunlight and significant glare.
- While the yellow panel will prove its worth as light deteriorates or the clouds move in.
SURFACE MARKER WDS 5.5m – WEBBING DEPLOYMENT SYSTEM
An easy way to deploy your Surface Marker Buoy / DSMB from your safety stop.*
- Easy deployment from safety stop: Unfurls automatically when deployed. Much easier to hold and handle than cord
- Safe: No free floating string to get tangled in
- Maintenance Free:No moving parts or knobs to adjust
- Compact: Can be stowed by rolling it into the buoy
- Effortless gathering upon ascent – The WDS is ready for the next dive
The WDS consists of 5.5m (18ft) long and 2cm (6/8?) wide red and white Surface Marker Webbing with a large 316 Stainless Steel ring at one end for deployment handling. At the other end is a Marine Brass Snap Hook for attaching to the Surface Marker Buoy.
The WDS is also equipped with a elastic cord retainer that makes deployment of the buoy simple and tangle free.